Clinical Application Specialist
Family Medicine Residency of Idaho
The Family Medicine Residency of Idaho is currently recruiting for Clinical Application Specialists to join our team!
Our Mission is to train outstanding broad spectrum family medicine physicians while serving vulnerable populations of Idaho with high quality, affordable care, provided in a collaborative work environment. As one of the first 11 Teaching Health Centers in US, our broad spectrum capabilities combined with our people centered approach to care allow us to help people live their best lives.
- Integrity – Doing the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Compassion – Affording empathy, dignity and kindness to others.
- Accountability – Standing beside our mistakes as well as our achievements.
- Respect – Honoring others for their diversity, perspectives, skills and abilities.
- Excellence – Performing with competence, courtesy and professionalism.
The successful Clinical Applications Specialist (CAS) acts as a “champion of change” and facilitates FMRI’s efforts to continuously improve the effectiveness of the electronic health record (EHR). The CAS strives to transform the delivery of healthcare through technological improvements and optimal process design. The CAS enables the FMRI’s effective use of the EHR and other applications through administration, support, training and process improvement.
Essential Job Functions – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions:
- Works in partnership with stakeholders to leverage EHR functionality to improve health outcomes; assists with system implementation, configuration, workflow design and maintenance.
- Collaborates with team members to assess processes and issues, problem solve and develop solutions resulting in efficient and functional workflows for end users.
- Provides quality telephone, electronic, and in-person support to employees with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise and timeliness
- Coordinates and works with support vendors for implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting including management of testing and communication to end users regarding upgrades or service pack installation.
- Responsible for all user setup and security, development of EHR forms and template, and manages external EHR interfaces in conjunction with external agencies and organizations.
- Supports training needs by providing resources, technical expertise, and support to various groups throughout the organization and leverages EHR capabilities to facilitate FMRI staff performance.
- Responsible to manage time wisely and efficiently to accomplish assignments within established timeframes.
- Develops and maintains EHR training documents. .
- Corresponds with and supports department based IT Liaisons
- Other duties as assigned.
- At all times, behaves in manner consistent with the ICARE value system of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information; complies with HIPAA privacy and security protocols.
- Serves the organization by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; completing Incident Reports and / or Opportunity Reports regarding patient complaints, workplace injuries or accidents and submits such reports to employee’s supervisor and the Chief Quality Officer email.
- Completes continued education and mandatory compliance training as assigned.
- Participates in Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness drills and training as assigned.
- Courteously and professionally interacts with FMRI patients and the general public.
- Attends scheduled team and interdepartmental meetings as directed.
- Actively manage phones and emails.
- 2-3 years working in a clinical setting providing EHR system support.
- Clinical background or work experience preferred
- Our organization is a tobacco-free workplace; qualified applicants must complete a tobacco / nicotine free attestation prior to employment.
- Our organization follows the CDC recommendation for healthcare professional immunizations including an annual influenza vaccine for all staff. Exemptions may be granted given appropriate documentation.
- A high degree of proficiency and interest in maintaining clinical applications and health informatics reporting
- Ability to analyze and solve problems quickly, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage projects and timelines
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a diverse work force in all levels of the organization
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills
- Exceptional customer service skills required
- Ability to be an outside-of-the-box thinker when it comes to problem solving
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment, problem solve, and develop effective solutions
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor degree in Health Information Management, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- Preferred RHIT or other advanced IT / IS training preferred.
- Wage range of $25.00 – 30.00 / hr
Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, voluntary vision and life insurances, short and long term disability benefits, paid holidays and Personal Leave, 403(B) retirement with company match, an employee assistance program and more!
Instructions for Resume Submission: