Fall 2020 Issue of Mountain Echoes
Welcome to our Fall edition of Mountain Echoes! In this issue you’ll be introduced to some of your new board members (look for the remaining new members in an upcoming issue), find out the 2020 recipients of the Distinguished Member Award and Scholarship Awards, review our 2019-2020 Annual Report, and see what on-demand continuing education opportunities are available!
In addition to finding the newsletter attached, we ask that you take a few moments to respond to the below survey. The Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Health Information Management Education (CAHIIM) has two accreditation councils which have devised a survey to garner feedback on how individuals measure the quality of academic programs. CAHIIM is interested in feedback from students and alumni of HIM and Health Informatics (HI) programs. Your input is very important to the work that our accreditation councils do in defining program quality.
The survey can be found here.
Have a Safe & Happy Fall!
Your IdHIMA Board
Inside this issue:
- President’s Message
- 2020 Convention Award Recipients
- 2020 Newly Elected Board Members
- Confidentiality of Substance Use Disorder Patient Records Regulation Has Changed
- 2019-2020 Annual Report
- 2020 AHIMA Leadership Election Results
- Honored Member – Lorraine Schimmels
- Newly Credentialed Members
- On Demand Continuing Education
- Staying Connected