Boise State University
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://go.boisestate.edu/join-our-team/.
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion. Job Description: This position will work closely with the Director of Business Operations to ensure optimal revenue cycle processes are in place and comply with all federal and state rules and regulations. This position will be responsible for directly overseeing the revenue cycle areas related to billing of claims through obtaining payment and collections. This includes establishing, evaluating, maintaining, and improving processes related to the billing and collection of accounts receivable for Health Services as well as resolving complex payer issues to completion. The position will also be responsible for following up on insurance and patient aging. Additionally, the position will perform routine patient chart audits to ensure documentation supports diagnosis and CPT coding. The position will be responsible for providing feedback and education to the Health Services providers related to coding and documentation on a routine basis. Other areas of responsibility for this position include identifying and reporting inconsistencies, correcting errors as appropriate, creating actionable reports related to their areas of responsibility, assisting with inputting payments as needed, managing patient payment plans, and ensuring accurate identification and handling of overpayments.
Human Resource Management/Staff Development:
- Provide leadership and coaching to direct report employees
- Recruit, hire, orient, manage and evaluate performance of direct report employees.
- Meet with direct report employees as appropriate to review performance, projects in action as well as future projects, and customer service (both internal and external).
- Ensure effective staffing schedules for all direct report employees.
- Create and promote opportunities for staff to participate in continuing education.
- Develop, revise, maintain, and oversee that current processes, policies and procedures are documented properly for all supervised functions.
- Employ LEAN six-sigma principles to ensure a flow of work that minimizes waste and variability within a continuous quality management focus for all supervised functions.
- Provide clear direction regarding duties to direct reports and ensure staff has access to resources needed to be successful.
Accounts Receivable Management:
- In conjunction with the Director of Business Operations, define and implement effective accounts receivable management policy and processes that are in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Review and follow up on accounts receivable, both insurance and patient, on at least a monthly basis with priority placed on aged claims.
- Communicate with insurance payers in order to resolve payment issues.
- Establish and monitor processes related to accurate identification of overpayments and ensure appropriate communication with insurance payer and/or patient is carried out in a timely manner.
- Assist patients with issues related to insurance payment for services received.
- Print, review, and send monthly statements to patients.
- Establish a process to routinely follow-up on delinquent accounts.
Patient Chart Audits:
- Establish efficient process to perform patient chart audits on at least a monthly basis.
- Routinely review patient encounters to ensure documentation supports diagnosis coding as well as CPT or HCPC coding.
- Identify inconsistencies, communicate with providers regarding corrections needed, and ensure corrections are carried out.
- Send out corrected claims as necessary and document actions appropriately.
- Effectively communicate with providers on a routine basis regarding findings from coding audits and opportunities for improving coding and documentation.
- Provide routine education to all providers to ensure they have up to date and accurate information related to coding and documentation procedures.
Patient Payment Plans:
- In conjunction with the Director of Business Operations, establish and implement effective patient payment plan policies and procedures.
- Administer payment plans, monitor patient adherence to payment terms and pursue collection actions as necessary.
- Provide exceptional customer services to patients regarding insurance and billing questions.
- Assist patients in resolving payment issues with their insurance plan.
- Assist patients in researching insurance plan coverage as needed.
Bachelors’ Degree (or equivalent) plus 2-4 years of relevant professional experience.
Must be either an AAPC or AHIMA certified coder. Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Health Information Management, Healthcare administration, Business or related field.
5 or more years of experience. Education Qualifications: Compensation/Benefits: $42,100.00 per year, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligible employees: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Click the following link to apply: