IdHIMA Webinar Series: Understanding Risk Analysis and Risk Management
April 16, 2020
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM MT
Join us for the next live webinar in our 2020 IdHIMA Webinar Series! Learn more about risk analysis from our very own Wes Morris, IdHIMA Advocacy Director.
The healthcare industry has been long aware of the requirements to perform comprehensive Risk Analysis as part of HIPAA Compliance. But what does this mean? For many people, Risk Analysis is some arcane process done in IT Departments. Part of the problem is that there are different frameworks and even different definitions that are used in the realm of Risk. This presentation will focus on how risk analysis really works, what it does and does not do, and how we each use the principles of analyzing risk in our daily lives.
Understanding Risk in industry – The components that must be present to say that ”something” is actually a risk.
- The difference between risk assessment and risk analysis (2 words that are often used interchangeably, but can be very different).
- Understanding how much risk is too much risk.
- What happens once risk is identified and rated.
- Who decides what’s acceptable risk and what must be mitigated.
- Some dos and don’ts of considering approaches to risk management and risk analysis, regardless of framework and environment.
- The value of understand Risk Analysis beyond the IT Department.
As Managing Principal Consultant for Clearwater Compliance, Wes manages and guides a team of over 30 consultants. Additionally, he provides consultation, support, program development and Privacy and Security assessments to covered entities and business associates across the healthcare spectrum.
If you are unable to join us live, the session will be recorded and available for purchase and reviewing at a later date. We hope to “see” you soon!
Your IdHIMA Board