Manager of HIM Full-Time
Saint Alphonsus Health System
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Saint Alphonsus Health System is now looking for a Manager for the Health Information Management department located at our Regional Medical Center in Boise!
In this position you will provide management and leadership of the Health Information Management (HIM) department for our health system. In addition to being able to manage all aspects of HIM operations, the current focus for this management position is HIM operational functions related to release of information, HIPAA privacy, data integrity, and patient portal support. You will also work collaboratively with the Regional HIM Director and other Saint Alphonsus Health System HIM Managers to ensure that established goals and strategic priorities are optimally accomplished. You will also maintain collaborative relationships with other hospital departments and work to improve cross-functional workflows and processes utilizing Six Sigma LEAN principles.
The ideal candidate will have led or managed a team within the HIM space and bring at least 3 years of management experience. This position reports to the Regional HIM Director.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
• Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of Health Information Management functions, as normally obtained through a Bachelors’ degree in HIM, Healthcare or Business Administration, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of years of education and experience.
• Three or more years of progressively responsible experience in diverse functional areas of Health Information Management required.
• Previous experience in an acute care HIM department preferred, and three plus years leadership experience preferred.
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• RHIA or RHIT certification from American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) required.
Why Saint Alphonsus?
• We are serious about fostering an environment focused on personal and professional growth and offer opportunities that empower our colleagues to develop their careers.
• Saint Alphonsus Health System is a four-hospital regional, non-profit, faith-based, Catholic ministry with over 4,300 associates and a 950+ medical staff which serve 700,000 people in Idaho and Oregon.
• We are anchored by the only Level II Trauma Center in the region, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (Boise), providing the most experienced care to the most critically ill patients.
• Centers of Excellence include: Cardiovascular, Neuroscience, Oncology, Orthopedics, Trauma & Emergency and Women’s & Children’s.
Relocation stipend offered to out of area candidates!
To apply to the position, please visit this link: https://jobs.trinity-health.org/saintalphonsus/job/00252623/Manager-of-HIM-Full-Time
For additional questions about this opportunity please contact Angie Fisher, Senior Talent Partner, at email@example.com or Jad Mahnken, Senior Talent Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health!
Relocation stipend offered to out of area candidates.
Visit www.saintalphonsus.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture, and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Alphonsus Health System.
Visit Saint Alphonsus on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter!
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.